Tuesday, April 1, 2014

SEPTEMBER 2014

Welcome to the PS 87 Media Center Blog and the 2014-2015 School Year!!!!!  This Media Center  Blog  is a place where students, parents, teachers  and administrators,  who love reading and talking about  books, can visit. Here they can discuss their favorite books, new arrivals, award winning books and all of the new movies coming to the big screen based on classic children's stories. You are all invited to comment on a post to share your thoughts, ask questions, or discuss a children's book or movie. If you are shy,  you can just  read what others are talking about. Also, you can check in often to see what is going on  here in the Media Center. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you!!



NEWS FROM THE PS 87 CENTER

.....Attention all Summer 2014 Reading Club Members.....

Any student who participated  this summer in the Summer Reading Program, by reading and logging in books during July and August, please return your logs to school as soon as possible!!  You all will be invited to celebrate your reading achievement by attending our 9th Annual Summer Reading Spectacular!!! Certificates, prizes and other special treats will be provided.  If you lost your log, just write out the titles on loose leaf paper and have  your parents sign it. Or, you can just see me for another log.  I hope this year has the largest number of participants!!!!!!    Check back at the end of the month to see the pictures from our celebration.

17 comments:

Mrs. Wasserman said...

Hi, it is Mrs. Wasserman. I am just testing to see if everything is working well. Please feel free to leave your comments or questions.

Mrs. Kay said...



I love the library and the librarian. All of the books are in order and she has wonderful books that I love to read.

mrs. smith john302 said...

xoxoxo

Olivia 5-502 said...

I handed in my log and cant wait for the party. I was at the party last year and it was fun. I hope I get another pumpkin!

Roshane 5-502 said...

I wish I filled in my log so that I could come to the party. I dont remember all of the books I read.

Tevan 3-301 said...

I want to thank Mrs. Wasserman for having a Summer Reading Party, We are going to have fun.

Kaitlynn 5-502 said...

I love this blog! I only been on for about 10 minutes! I found how to use it. Thank you for this blog. I recomend Reddy Freddy series.

Arielle 4-401 said...

The library is a place where people read. It is a place where books inspire you. I think it is a great place.

GT 4-401 said...

My favorite book is The Diary of Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck. I am looking forward to reading the new one in November.

Mrs. Wasserman said...

Thank you to Roshane, Olivia, GT, Tevan and Kaitlynn for commenting on my blog. @Kaitlynn, I ordered more Ready Freddy books which should be here by the end of November. @ GT, the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid will be out in November. Look for it at our Book Fair!!!
@Roshane, don''t worry about not reading over the summer, maybe next year!!

Ameerah 5-502 said...

I love this blog.I have only been on once.Anyway I filled in the reading log and I can't wait for the party.I hope we get another pumpkin.But this would not be happening if it was not for mrs.wasserman so thank you mrs.wasserman.We all love you a lot.

Mrs. Wasserman said...

You are very welcome Ameerah!!! Glad to see you on here.

Ameerah5-502 said...

I also like ready freedy because freddy is so funny.I just started reading it and I am already in love.

Mrs. Wasserman said...

So glad that you like the Ready Freddy Series Ameerah. I just ordered serveral new books from the collection. They should arrive in early Novemeber.

Sharda 5-502 said...

Mrs.wasserman
how is the vacation
:)
I have lots of books to read for the book log

thanks for everything you have done for us we love you

Naomi said...

Hi ms wasserman i like your books.thank you for leting me borrow your books.

Naomi 403 said...

Hi ms wasserman like your books.thank yuo for leting me borrow your books.